TREDIS - Freight
The TREDIS FREIGHT module provides State DOTs, MPOs and transportation organizations with unsurpassed analysis capabilities that support freight planning, strategy development, project prioritization, economic impact assessment, and benefit-cost evaluation
as well as meeting a number of other Federal requirements.
These capabilities are enabled by a clearly laid-out framework that (a) brings together available transportation, economic and trade data, and (b) integrates industry, commodity and modal perspectives. TREDIS provides these capabilities in a fully integrated package, or it can be adapted to use (or work with) an agency’s own transportation data, economic data and models (including Global Insight, Moody’s, REMI, IMPLAN) and freight/trade databases (including Transearch® and vFreightTM).
It can be used in different ways for corridor, project or area-level studies.
TREDIS Fueled by Transearch® - Corridor Analysis
Select a highway or rail corridor, and then:
- Profile freight flows using the corridor*
- Assess its national and regional significance
- Identify area industries and supply chain components that depend on the selected corridor
- Calculate how forecast economic changes will change future freight activity levels
- Use this information to assess implications for strategies, investment programs or system budgets and plans
Define a highway, rail, air or marine project, and then:
- Profile the affected freight flows and associated economic activities dependent on the project*
- Assess the economic importance of the project’s impact on that freight movement
- Identify industries and supply chain components that will benefit from the project
- Calculate impacts on facility use, user benefit-cost and wider economic impacts
- Use this information to assess implications for project priorities and selection
Select a broad State, Metro or County-based Region, and then:
- Profile the area’s pattern of freight flows*
- Assess the supply chain roles of those freight flows
- Identify the area’s economic dependencies on those supply chain roles
- Calculate how emerging economic trends will change future freight flows
- Use this information to assess implications for future freight or economic development strategies
* profiles cover freight volume (tonnage, number of vehicles), economic value, mode, origin-destination, commodity mix and/or affected industries
vFreighttm - Visualizing County-Level Freight Flows
vFreight is an information dataset developed by EDR Group that can be used with TREDIS.
- Provides easy, intuitive, and visually supported access to detailed commodity flow data
- Shows county-to-county flows by 2 or 3 digit SCTG level
- Provides domestic mode for each commodity type
- Provides international mode for each traded commodity
- Shows location of county for 219 port of entry (imports) and port of exit (exports) for all traded commodities
- Provides county-level trade (exports/imports) for 18 countries
- “Cloud-based” structure provides “instant” access anywhere internet is available
- Demonstrates national and international linkages for domestic freight movements
- Identifies key ports of entry/exit for traded commodities
- Supports freight analysis at levels of geographic detail consistent with federal, statewide and regional planning
- Provides effective ways of graphically sharing trade & commodity flow data with policymakers and the public
- Facilitates economic development strategies relating to trade partners, import substitution & export growth
For vFreight information and login, Click here. Download vFreight datasheet.
For more information, contact TREDIS Software at 617-303-0424.